From: carolyn <email@example.com>
Carolyn Coe, of Peninsula Peace & Justice
press release *for immediate release*
Peninsula Peace & Justice to Remember Lives Lost in Ongoing US Wars
BLUE HILL–On Saturday, November 13, Peninsula Peace & Justice will host a gathering at the Iraq War Dead Memorial to recognize the deaths of both civilians and US soldiers during the ongoing US wars. They will also help prepare the memorial field for winter. The ceremony will begin at 10 a.m. in the field located between the Blue Hill Public Library and the First Congregational Church. In this field, for six years, Peninsula Peace & Justice has remembered those who have died in US wars, deaths continuing to mount in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.
Brooksville artist Robert Shetterly, whose portrait series Americans Who Tell the Truth now has more than 150 portraits of truth-tellers, will be the featured speaker. Members of the community are invited to help pull up the white flags and to share personal reflections. For information, please call 374-3636.
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All
- Fwd: Hancock Sheriff asks for Riot Gear