Shenna Bellows has served as the Executive Director of the Maine Civil Liberties Union since March of 2005. She returned home to Maine, where she grew up, after spending two years as a National Field Organizer at the ACLU Legislative Office in Washington, D.C. In Washington, Shenna was a leader in post-9/11 issues, developing a field program around the Patriot Act, as well as working to defeat several constitutional amendments that would have undermined the criminal justice system, freedom of speech, and LGBT rights.
In 2001 and 2002, Bellows was a Program Associate at Community IMPACT! in Nashville, TN, launching neighborhood-based, youth-centered programming in economically and racially diverse neighborhoods. From 1999 to 2001 she served in the Peace Corps in Panama, where she facilitated the development and execution of a micro-credit lending program for artisan groups and also served as the Co-President of Women in Development/Gender and Development. From 1997 to 1999 Bellows worked as a researcher and recruiter for Economists Incorporated, a privately held economic consulting firm specializing in microeconomic analysis in antitrust, regulatory and legal contexts in Washington, DC. Bellows graduated magna cum laude from Middlebury College in Vermont with a degree in International Politics and Economics. She grew up in Hancock, Maine.
- Fwd: [Peacectr_list] Event: “Reckoning with Our Racial Past and Present in the Liberal Arts”
- film: THE GREAT HACK, Blue Hill Weds Aug 28
- Fwd: [mainevfp] Mourning the Victims of Gun Violence – Augusta – Saturday, August 10th, 7:00 p.m.
- Peninsula Peace & Justice film Friday July 26
- Fwd: Congresswoman Chellie Pingree on Palestine, the NDAA and the Pentagon Audit
- July 27 Concert for Ramallah Friends School, Belfast
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Crimea talk on Deer Isle, Thursday July 11
- Climate Convergence Conference, registration open
- Reggie Harris Concert June 20, Blue Hill
- ‘Fund Climate Solutions, Not Endless War’: 22 Arrested Demanding US Build Windmills, Not Warships
- Rockweed presentation, June 25, RFS
- Fwd: [mainevfp] A Call to Put Down Arms
- The Ongoing Palestinian Nakba, Friday June 21, blue Hill
- Fwd: BIW should help fight climate change