Maine Veterans for Peace
To Sponsor Activist Training
A Non-Violent Training Worshop
Training for Change
Saturday, May 11, 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday, May 12, 10 am – 2:30 pm
McClellan Multipurpose Room
How Can We Be More Effective?
On May 11 and 12 Maine Veterans for Peace is sponsoring an excitingTraining for Change workshop that represents an opportunity for all of us who wish to become more effective citizens. Training for Change was founded by renowned educator and author, George Lakey, whose books have included A Manual for Direct Action and Powerful Peacemaking: A Strategy for a Living Revolution.
TfC’s philosophy is based on a strict non-violent philosophy. The training will help groups stand up more effectively for justice, peace and the environment. Their literature emphasizes a “direct education” experiential learning approach.
The value of the training for each of us will be enriched by the opportunity to cross-fertilize with other activists engaged in various state-wide campaigns and by the participation of several state and national Veterans for Peace leaders.
The cost of the two-day training is $100 on a sliding scale and will include nutritious lunches each day. A maximum of 30 participants will be accepted.
Our trainer, Andrew Willis Garcés, has worked with activists and campaigns across a broad spectrum: anti-war, labor, immigrant rights, Latin-American solidarity, public housing. For a complete biography:trainingforchange.org/andrew.willis.garcés
For additional information and registration procedures go to vfpmaine.org.
- Petition: Convert Bath Iron Works to building for life
- Fwd: BIW Advent vigils
- Correction on the Hannaford donations to ACTT
- Plastics: In December, Bar Harbor Hannaford will help A Climate to Thrive
- Dec 12 forum on Plastics Pollution and Plastic Bag Ordinances, in Ellsworth
- MCCE Webinar on Maine’s Legislative Process
- Fwd: Ranked Choice Voting Put to the Test in Maine
- Film: Hannah Arendt, Nove. 30 Blue Hill
- Fwd: Kathy Kelly on Yemen – Democracy Now! off-air interview Nov 14
- Fwd: Shetterly: Accountability, History, Identity
- Fwd: Reminder: Non-violence training in Damariscotta now Nov 10
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Art Exhibit "The Essence of Things" at RFS
- Forum for Legislative Candidates In Ellsworth tonight, Monday, October 22
- Film: DO NOT RESIST, Friday Oct 26 Blue Hill