[HCCN] Project Maine Equality fund-raiser by midnight tonight

Dick Atlee atlee at umd.edu
Fri Aug 21 18:40:08 EDT 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Stakes Just Got Higher
Date: 	Fri, 21 Aug 2009 16:07:24 GMT
From: 	Jesse Connolly, Protect Maine Equality

Protect Maine Equality <http://www.protectmaineequality.org>

Dear Richard,

On Wednesday, I challenged you to
raise $10,000 by Friday. If we met that goal, a generous Maine donor
agreed to match dollar for dollar up to $10,000.

Well, guess what? In less than 48 hours, you raised $16,098 through 354
supporters.

I just shared the news with our donor, who is so impressed with your
initiative that he has doubled his challenge: he will now* match every
dollar up to $20,000 raised by midnight tonight. *

*That gives us less than 12 hours to raise $3,902.*

https://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/5841/t/4847/shop/custom.jsp?donate_page_KEY=2683

We need your help – *tell your friends*, post it on *Facebook*, and try
to recruit at least one person you know to help us meet the goal.

*Let's show that we can double the donor match to $20,000.

If you were thinking about giving, please do so now. If you've already
given, thank you. You are the backbone of this campaign. We now need you
to help spread the word about this latest challenge.

Together, we can do it!

Sincerely,

Jesse Connolly
Campaign Manager