[HCCN] Fwd: Paid Sick Days - We Want to Hear Your Experiences

Dick Atlee atlee at umd.edu
Tue Feb 10 18:51:33 EST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Crystal Bond <cbond at mejp.org>
Date: Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 2:40 PM
Subject: Paid Sick Days - We Want to Hear Your Experiences

          Dear M.A.I.N. Members and Supporters,

We are resending this request on behalf of the Maine Women's Policy
Center.  Please note the toll free number to call.

The Maine Women's Policy Center, along with other coalition partners, is
working on a law that would require employers to provide a certain
mumber of sick days to their employees. Currently, half of all Maine
workers do not have access to paid sick days.

If you are a Maine worker in a job that does not offer paid sick days,
we would like to learn about your experiences. How do you deal with work
obligations when you or a family member is sick?

Please share your thoughts with us in a 30 minute phone interview. You
will be compensated $30 for your time, and your personal information
will not be disclosed.

If you would like to participate in this research project by scheduling
an interview or have further questions about the interview process,
please contact Sandy Butler, University of Maine School of Social Work,
at (207) 581-2382 or toll free at 866-577-8308.

Thank you!

Crystal M. Bond
Paralegal/Organizer
Maine Equal Justice Partners