[HCCN] December Calendar of events with additional items

Larry Dansinger rosc at psouth.net
Mon Nov 16 08:36:27 EST 2009

On Nov 15, 2009, at 8:29 PM, Larry Dansinger wrote:

> Dear Newsletter editors,
>
> Here are some calendar items for December and later.  Not a lot
> happening (that I know of) in December. FEEL FREE TO PICK AND
> CHOOSE AND NOT USE EVERY ITEM.
>
> Larry Dansinger
>

> November 30: Global Day of Action for Climate Justice (to stop
> corporate trashing of our planet). For details on actions in Maine:
> Hillary Lister, 649-5980 or hillary at maineindymedia.org.
>
> December 4: Author Greg Mortenson talks about his writings on
> school building in Asia, 7:30 PM, The Music Hall, 28 Chestnut St.,
> Portsmouth, NH. Call 603-436-2400 for tickets and details.

    December 4: "Food:  Art  : Community" program and art show with
local food as part of the art, to benefit Local Sprouts Cafe, 5-8 PM,
Meg Perry Center, 644 Congress St., Portland. Local Sprouts
Cooperative, 615-9970 or food at localsproutscooperative.com.

> December 5: Maine Fair Trade Campaign annual meeting to recognize
> gains and victories, plus celebration of tenth anniversary of World
> Trade Organization protest in Seattle in 1999. Sarah or Daphne/
> MFTC, 777-6387 or sarah at mainefairtrade.org.
>
> December 5: "Eyes wide open: State, politics and the Alternatives,
> (Call for a joint reflection on politics, the state and the
> alternatives. A free, egalitarian and horizontal gathering of
> independently minded activists), Boston area. Pasquaino Colombaro,
> pcolombaro at gmail.com.

    December 6: Hadas Ziv of Israel's Physicians for Human Rights
speaks on "The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Can the Right to Health
Serve       as a bridge for Peace?", 2 PM, Dyke Center for Family
Business, Husson College, Bangor. Todd Miller, Brit Tzedek v' Shalom,
992-9114 or ToddFMiller at gmail.com.