[HCCN] Meet Your Farmer films on MBPN tonight and Saturday

Dick Atlee atlee at umd.edu
Thu May 19 12:15:20 EDT 2011

The Maine Farmland Trust showed their "Meet Your Farmer" collection of
vignettes of 8 widely varied Maine farmers at a Meet Your Farmer event
at the Common Good Cafe in SWH several weeks ago. It is a really nice
job -- affectionate, thorough and realistic -- showing many aspects of
the lives of very different families involved in making agriculture work
in Maine. The MFT took requests at that event for the DVD, and sent me a
copy. It's nice to know it will be shown publicly, and you may be able
to get a copy of the DVD by joining them (as I did) at

       http://mainefarmlandtrust.org/

Or watch the films at

       http://www.meetyourfarmer.org/

Dick