[HCCN] Think Outside the Bomb at Meg Perry Center on May 5, 7 PM--Followup to UN conference

Larry Dansinger rosc at psouth.net
Thu Apr 29 16:10:46 EDT 2010

Please announce and pass along to others in your group or area. Thanks.

What can we do to maintain pressure on governments to end nuclear
proliferation and get rid of ALL nuclear weapons. How can we connect
anti-nuclear struggles with other issues in this country and around
the world?

Come hear results from the May 1-2 UN conference and what we can do
now with "Think Outside the Bomb," Wednesday, May 5 at 7 PM at the
Meg Perry Center, 644 Congress St., Portland. FMI: Peace Action
Maine, 772-0680.

More about Think Outside the Bomb:

Think Outside the Bomb, the largest youth-led anti-nuclear network in
the US, is sponsoring a national tour, starting on May 4. Join them
when they come to your community - they are staring in NYC, heading
to New England, and sweeping around through much of the country
before ending in New Mexico in August. The tour schedule is at http://
totbtour.wordpress.com/tour-schedule.

About the Tour: We seek to build community and working knowledge
through our national tour, by offering critical information on the
state of the US Nuclear Industrial Complex, as well as a critical
look at how we engage in resistance. As we travel the country this
summer, we will engage in dialogue with local activists and
organizing groups. We will focus on the issue of nuclear abolition
and stress its intersections with other global movements, including:
movements for sustainable energy, indigenous sovereignty struggles,
environmental movements, labor movements, and movements that oppose
the state of global capitalism, among others. We will also speak of
creating a positive and affirming culture of resistance.