From: Alison Dibble <email@example.com>Date: January 6, 2014 1:42:03 PM ESTTo: “‘Alison Dibble'” <firstname.lastname@example.org>Subject: Rockweed! Who knew? Jan 14 at 7 pm Blue Hill Library
Thinking you might need a cabin-fever reliever? Come hear the latest about rockweed-dominated habitats next Tues Jan 14 at the Blue Hill Library. Dr. Hadlock Seeley has interesting data to share about marine algae and the animals that can be found feeding upon or hiding among it, including juvenile American eel. She will help us understand what is known to date about rockweed management. We’ll come away with a whole new perspective on this amazing plant.
Do come if you can, and share this invitation with your fellow explorers, fishermen, beach-combers, sailors, birders, artists, students, library supporters, researchers and natural history / marine ecology buffs.
I hope to see you there!
ROCKWEED HARVEST is about to expand in Maine
“Rockweed harvesting in Maine:
Science, conservation, management”
A slide presentation and discussion led by
Dr. Robin Hadlock Seeley
Blue Hill Library, the Howard Room 7 pm Tues Jan 14, 2014
Dr. Robin Hadlock Seeley is assistant director and senior research associate at the Shoals Marine Laboratory (Cornell University/UNH) on Appledore Island, and is a marine ecologist who grew up in Freeport (ME). She divides her time between Cornell, Shoals and Cobscook Bay, Maine, conducting long-term research on periwinkles and green crabs. In 2008 she co-founded the Rockweed Coalition, a citizen group based in eastern Maine supporting rockweed habitat conservation.
Sponsored by the Friends of Blue Hill Bay
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All
- Fwd: Hancock Sheriff asks for Riot Gear
- Rally in Ellsworth today
- Memorial Day remembrance
- Fwd: Public Comment on the coming CMP-corridor rejection referendum
- Fwd: The Laramie Project-LIVE-streamed performances!
- Fwd: [nodrones] ♥️🥰12today: Zoom: ‘DISARM & DIVEST DURING COVID-19
- Earth Day 2020
- Earth Day 2020
- Fwd: [Test] Democracy Forum: Listen – Friday, April 17