PENINSULA PEACE AND JUSTICE
Minutes for Organizational MeetingWednesday, January 2, 2019, at 12:00 p.m.Blue Hill Public LibraryPeter, Bonnie, Steve, Judy, Marty
We plan to talk with Carolyn Coe further regarding a talk about both Kabul and Palestine, date to be determined if so.
Peter donated our $100 to the library just before the end of the year, in honor of Juliana v. United States.
We continue to talk with Joel Katz and about the film he is suggesting for summer: In the Executioner’s Shadow. Sister Helen Prejean has recommended it. A screening would have to be secured through a distributor for a cost, and we will look into this after hopefully previewing the film.
Michael Moore’s new film 11 9 and Dolores (about Dolores Huerta) are up for our consideration as films to watch. There may be a new film about Helen Prejean, too. Bonnie will be acquiring a copy of 11 9 but doesn’t know when. Dolores is available on line to any MEPUBLIC Passport Member of NPR.
We plan to screen Max Blumenthal and Dan Cohen’s documentary Killing Gaza on January 25. Judy and Peter plan to preview it; Bonnie will check on inviting someone to facilitate a brief discussion following the film.
Our next organizational meeting is scheduled for the Bass Room, in the Blue Hill Library, at 12:00 noon on the first Wednesday of next month, February 6, 2018.
— Notes by Steve Benson
- film KILLING GAZA Friday Blue Hill
- Report from the World Economic Forum
- Fwd: WERU Link: Land Use Planning Commission Poised to Open 1.3 million Acres of Maine Woods to Development
- Film: Killing Gaza, Blue Hill Jan. 25
- Travel to Cuba with Witness for Peace
- Johan Galtung on: 2019 A Year for Health
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: "Fast for Yemen" in NYC – video from TRNN, DN!
- Fwd: Fast for Yemen in NYC and DC
- Fwd: from Kabul
- Fwd: Latest This Issue on U.S. demonization of Russia
- The latest on proposed massive fish farm Belfast Bay
- Whoever you are, wherever you are
- Peninsula Peace & Justice notes
- Petition: Convert Bath Iron Works to building for life