Begin forwarded message:
From: KarenTom Adamo <email@example.com>Subject: BREAKING NEWS: Senate 2nd vote on LD 1323 tomorrow! House speeches on rockweed from today!Date: June 10, 2019 at 8:08:18 PM EDTTo: KarenTom Adamo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
one more time PLEASE.KINDLY SEND THIS TO YOUR EMAIL LISTS THIS COULD BE THE FINAL ROUND FOR HELPING!!Thanks soooooo much.Best,TomThe Earth does not need us. We need the Earth
From: Rockweed Coalition <email@example.com>
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 7:03 PM
Subject: BREAKING NEWS: Senate 2nd vote on LD 1323 tomorrow! House speeches on rockweed from today!
6:30 pm BREAKING NEWS
We just got confirmation that the Senate WILL vote for a second time on the rockweed bill, LD 1323,
tomorrow morning, June 11, around 10 am.
Please make the calls requested below, now!
Recordings of speeches on the House floor today
for and against LD 1323, the rockweed bill:
We will have the video of the speeches later this evening if you’d like to see it. Email us.
EVERYONE – This is DO OR DIE time on LD 1323.
Please jump in to help so we don’t have to
fund another lawsuit. And more years of rockweed cutting.
URGENT – – URGENT – – URGENT – – MAYDAY!
YOUR ACTION NEEDED THIS EVENING,
1. We lost in the House today by only 2 votes. See the vote tally.
—> That means LD 1323 goes back to the Senate tomorrow.
We MUST contact our senators tonight. This is perfectly OK.
2. If your senators voted NO on LD 1323 the first time (see list)
contact him/her, and thank him/her for their NO vote.
And then URGE THEM: (VERY IMPORTANT)
“In the next vote, please
vote NO on a recede and concur motion and
vote YES on an insist motion.”
Email us if you want to know what this means. It has to do with rules of order.
photo by B. Willson
1. FIND YOUR SENATOR.
2. LOOK UP YOUR SENATOR’S phone numbers. )
3. Please email us if you made a call and especially if you made voice contact with your senator .
(Why not email the senators? Those in the know say a phone call
is much, much better.)
- Fwd: [Peacectr_list] Event: “Reckoning with Our Racial Past and Present in the Liberal Arts”
- film: THE GREAT HACK, Blue Hill Weds Aug 28
- Fwd: [mainevfp] Mourning the Victims of Gun Violence – Augusta – Saturday, August 10th, 7:00 p.m.
- Peninsula Peace & Justice film Friday July 26
- Fwd: Congresswoman Chellie Pingree on Palestine, the NDAA and the Pentagon Audit
- July 27 Concert for Ramallah Friends School, Belfast
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Crimea talk on Deer Isle, Thursday July 11
- Climate Convergence Conference, registration open
- Reggie Harris Concert June 20, Blue Hill
- ‘Fund Climate Solutions, Not Endless War’: 22 Arrested Demanding US Build Windmills, Not Warships
- Rockweed presentation, June 25, RFS
- Fwd: [mainevfp] A Call to Put Down Arms
- The Ongoing Palestinian Nakba, Friday June 21, blue Hill
- Fwd: BIW should help fight climate change