From: “Leslie Ross” <email@example.com>Are you interested in working with local youth to foster to make positive change in our community?Restorative Justice Mentor Training in 4 sessionsAll sessions will run from 5-730 pm. On Wednesday October 30 we will provide food and beverages for dinner, for November 6, 13 & 20 we invite you to potluck with us!
Hancock County Community Reparations Board, partnering with the Restorative Justice Project is offering a training opportunity that will cover foundations in restorative practices and teach skills needed to begin mentoring. This volunteer opportunity provides flexibility so that you can accept cases when you have time and decline cases when your plate is full. Our 2.5 hrs training sessions, will take place @ Ellsworth City Hall over 4 consecutive weeks starting on October 30.
To register or for more information you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-326-2027
Restorative Justice is a growing movement within our schools and judicial systems that acknowledges when a harm occurs relationships are damaged. We all make mistakes but it’s what we do after we make a mistake that indicates whether we will learn and grow or not. This is an approach to justice that focuses on the rehabilitation of offenders through reconciliation with harmed parties (victims) and the community at large. When those that have been harmed, offenders, and community members meet to decide how to repair harm, the results can be transformative.
There is a growing need in Hancock County for volunteers and we hope you will join us.
- Thanksgiving message from Jim Loewen
- Fwd: TALK AT MORGAN BAY ZENDO OPEN TO PUBLIC: SUNDAY, NOV 24 @ 10 AM
- Fwd: Democracy Forum: Listen – Friday, November 15
- Protecting Maine’s fishing heritage
- Armistice Day Poem
- LWV Saturday meeting cancelled
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Monthly Meetings
- Grannies Respond: Online Auction for asylum seekers
- Almost Sunrise at UUCE November 8
- Fwd: Taking Next Steps Toward Nuclear Abolition – Kathy Kelly
- The War at Home, Friday 10.25 film, Blue Hill
- Fwd: Restorative Justice Mentor Training in 4 sessions
- Fwd: Democracy Forum: Listen – Friday, October 18
- film THE WAR AT HOME, Friday Oct 25, Blue Hill
- Talk: Global Climate, the Pentagon, & War, Portland Oct 26