Begin forwarded message:
From: “Pizza” (via mainevfp Mailing List) <email@example.com>Subject: [mainevfp] Kavanaugh – Mainers for Accountable Leadership – PortlandDate: August 19, 2018 at 10:17:00 AM EDTReply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
26 August – Portland City Hall – 1:00
On August 26th, we’re joining progressive allies and thousands of Americans to Unite for Justice and stop Brett Kavanaugh at events across all 50 states. #StopKavanaugh In Maine, Mainers for Accountable Leadership, Maine People’s Alliance, Naral, Planned Parenthood Maine Action Fund and partners are united in opposition to Kavanaugh.We’re in the fight of our lives to protect our most fundamental rights and freedoms. The confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh would put so much at stake, and we cannot back down.Trump promised to only appoint SCOTUS justices who’ll gut #RoevWadeand criminalize abortion. Kavanaugh represents a real threat to the reproductive rights of our people and a threat to those of us who not only rely on the ACA but rely on the protections the ACA provided for those with Pre-Existing conditions. 1 in 3 Mainers has a pre-existing condition. We cannot let our elected officials who work for us appoint an extreme conservative judge who will overturn the protections and rights we rely on.We are focusing on the very real and very personal health care stories of our people. This event will be raw, real and full of radical truth telling as we remind our elected officials of the faces of the constituents whose lives are impacted by their vote.There are *free* chartered coaches coming from Bangor, Rockland, Waterville/Augusta. Use the links below to reserve your spot.BANGOR BUS: https://goo.gl/forms/8mJNSYDRD9M040wA2ROCKLAND BUS: https://goo.gl/forms/rVYZFKEev3MwoOn93WATERVILLE/AUGUSTA BUS: https://goo.gl/forms/ZVxTKfmzneKqy2FL2Sign up for the Portland event using this link: https://act.moveon.org/event/unite-for-justice/search/?source=mainersDisclaimer: By choosing to attend this event, you are committing to participate non-violently and in accordance with the law, to work to de-escalate confrontations with others, and to obey the orders of authorized event marshals and of law enforcement. You also acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any injury or damage to your person or property resulting from or occurring during this event, and that you release all event sponsors and organizers (and their officers, directors, employees, and agents) from any liability for that injury or damage.
- and while you’re at it, The Wall…
- Fwd: Oppose Regime Change in Venezuela! Take Action Now!
- film KILLING GAZA Friday Blue Hill
- Report from the World Economic Forum
- Fwd: WERU Link: Land Use Planning Commission Poised to Open 1.3 million Acres of Maine Woods to Development
- Film: Killing Gaza, Blue Hill Jan. 25
- Travel to Cuba with Witness for Peace
- Johan Galtung on: 2019 A Year for Health
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: "Fast for Yemen" in NYC – video from TRNN, DN!
- Fwd: Fast for Yemen in NYC and DC
- Fwd: from Kabul
- Fwd: Latest This Issue on U.S. demonization of Russia
- The latest on proposed massive fish farm Belfast Bay
- Whoever you are, wherever you are