Begin forwarded message:
From: “Mary Anne Grady Flores” (via nodrones Mailing List) <firstname.lastname@example.org>Reply-To: email@example.com
Please forward to your lists! Thanks!May 29, 2019
You may know my sister Clare Grady and the Kings Bay Plowshares 7 face 25 years in prison for exposing nuclear weapons that threaten all life on Earth. On April, 4th, 2018, they undertook a nonviolent symbolic disarmament action at the Trident nuclear submarine base at Kings Bay, GA.
I am writing you with an urgent request that you sign and share with your social media followers and your lists the link to sign our Kings Bay Plowshares petition. The petition calls for the charges to be dropped and for a renewed commitment to building the global movement for disarmament. We need a million signatures for our government to consider dropping the charges.
You will be joining more than 100 distinguished global leaders, including Archbishop Desmond Tutu and other Nobel laureates, Angela Davis, Medea Benjamin, Rev. Dr. William Barber, Rev. Dr. Liz Theoharis, Rabbi Brian Walt, Noam Chomsky, Oscar Lopez Rivera, Dan Ellsberg, Dr. Hanan Ashrawi, and many others in endorsing and promoting the petition.
This petition is also a plea to expand the movement to abolish nuclear weapons. During the 1980s the global peace movement helped move nations to reduce the world’s nuclear arsenals from 90,000 down to 15,000 nuclear weapons. Now we must abolition all nuclear weapons.
Time is short. The KBP7 trial is expected to begin this summer or fall in Georgia. Consider joining us. After signing this petition please forward it to your friends, to your social justice and other email lists, and to your social media contacts. Remind them twice if need be.
Please Donate. While our hope is to build the list of supporters of the petition, this all-volunteer effort to support the Kings Bay Plowshares 7 also needs financial support. Please give generously here: https://www.gofundme.com/xaajdf-kings-bay-plowshares-support-fund
Thank you for your consideration, support, and for all you do for justice and peace!Mary Anne Grady FloresKings Bay Plowshares 7 Support Group607. 280. 8797, firstname.lastname@example.org
LINK TO SIGN PETITION:https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/sign-global-petition-to-dismiss-charges-against-anti-nuclear-plowshares-activists-facing-25-years?source=direct_link&
- Fwd: [Peacectr_list] Event: “Reckoning with Our Racial Past and Present in the Liberal Arts”
- film: THE GREAT HACK, Blue Hill Weds Aug 28
- Fwd: [mainevfp] Mourning the Victims of Gun Violence – Augusta – Saturday, August 10th, 7:00 p.m.
- Peninsula Peace & Justice film Friday July 26
- Fwd: Congresswoman Chellie Pingree on Palestine, the NDAA and the Pentagon Audit
- July 27 Concert for Ramallah Friends School, Belfast
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Crimea talk on Deer Isle, Thursday July 11
- Climate Convergence Conference, registration open
- Reggie Harris Concert June 20, Blue Hill
- ‘Fund Climate Solutions, Not Endless War’: 22 Arrested Demanding US Build Windmills, Not Warships
- Rockweed presentation, June 25, RFS
- Fwd: [mainevfp] A Call to Put Down Arms
- The Ongoing Palestinian Nakba, Friday June 21, blue Hill
- Fwd: BIW should help fight climate change