PENINSULA PEACE AND JUSTICE
Minutes for Organizational MeetingWednesday, September 5, 2018, at 11:00 a.m.Blue Hill Public LibraryRon, Judy, Peter, Bonnie, Steve
Judy will invite Carolyn Coe to present slides and accounts of her time in Palestine recently to witness challenges to Palestinian villagers pressured toward relocation due to growing settlement activities in the occupied territories. Suggested date is Friday, October 5, at 7:00 pm.
Ron will be on a tour of Eastern Europe, including Uzbekistan.
We hope to participate in a week of Keep Space for Peace in early October. Judy will propose a date for us to consider presenting a vigil or other event, after checking in with organizers.
We may schedule a presentation on militarization of police in the USA, with film and a speaker, for late in October.
Our next organizational meeting is scheduled for the Bass Room, in the Blue Hill Library, at 12:00 noon on the first Wednesday of next month, October 3, 2018.
— Notes by Steve BensonPeninsula Peace & Justice
P.O. Box 1257
Blue Hill ME 04614
- Spring Trip to Cuba with Witness for Peace
- Fwd: [Peacectr_list] Popular Education Fuels Popular Resistance Workshop, October 13, Bangor
- A letter to Senator Collins – thank you – pass it on
- Fwd: No Emmy for Burns/Novick film Vietnam War
- Peninsula Peace & Justice notes
- End Violence Together 2018 – Bangor SaturdaSeptember 15
- "Farm Labor, Immigration and Social Justice" Sept 20, Belfast, WERU presentation
- Microplastics in the Gulf of Maine Sept 10 Ellsworth
- Fwd: 15th Annual GrassRoots Organizing Workshops (GROW), Oct 5th – 7th, Winthrop, ME
- Another view of the Kavanaugh busing to Portland
- Fwd: STOP Kavanaugh – Buses to Portland Aug 26 protest
- Dr. Mazin Qumsiyeh, audio of talk on Human and Biological Diversity and Palestine
- Giant salmon farm in Belfast? Story heats up
- Video recording of Chris Hedges talk in Blue Hill
- Cecile Richards, August 21, Blue Hill, Standing Up, Speaking Out