May 7, 2019
PRESS RELEASEContact: Steve Benson, PHONE #374-2357
Talk on Community Impacts of Climate Change
At 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 23, Steve Benson, a psychologist working in Blue Hill, will speak on how a local community can support preparedness for constructive responses to coming crises due to global warming.
This talk at The Gatherings, 1208 Surry Rd, in Surry, will focus on how anyone may overcome threats to personal wellness and community relations despite stressors building over time, developing internal and interpersonal decisions that deeply enhance their lives.
Benson explains that “rather than just victimizing people, the hardships and crises of climate change can empower everyone to learn, grow, and nurture vital strengths to meet adversities, to survive changes, and to connect meaningfully.” Benson will outline ways to maximize strengths and linkage that can help turn catastrophes into processes of healing and strengthening.
Steve Benson, POBox 1257, Blue Hill, ME 04614
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All
- Fwd: Hancock Sheriff asks for Riot Gear
- Rally in Ellsworth today
- Memorial Day remembrance
- Fwd: Public Comment on the coming CMP-corridor rejection referendum
- Fwd: The Laramie Project-LIVE-streamed performances!
- Fwd: [nodrones] ♥️🥰12today: Zoom: ‘DISARM & DIVEST DURING COVID-19
- Earth Day 2020
- Earth Day 2020
- Fwd: [Test] Democracy Forum: Listen – Friday, April 17