May 7, 2019
PRESS RELEASEContact: Steve Benson, PHONE #374-2357
Talk on Community Impacts of Climate Change
At 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 23, Steve Benson, a psychologist working in Blue Hill, will speak on how a local community can support preparedness for constructive responses to coming crises due to global warming.
This talk at The Gatherings, 1208 Surry Rd, in Surry, will focus on how anyone may overcome threats to personal wellness and community relations despite stressors building over time, developing internal and interpersonal decisions that deeply enhance their lives.
Benson explains that “rather than just victimizing people, the hardships and crises of climate change can empower everyone to learn, grow, and nurture vital strengths to meet adversities, to survive changes, and to connect meaningfully.” Benson will outline ways to maximize strengths and linkage that can help turn catastrophes into processes of healing and strengthening.
Steve Benson, POBox 1257, Blue Hill, ME 04614
- Fwd: [Peacectr_list] Event: “Reckoning with Our Racial Past and Present in the Liberal Arts”
- film: THE GREAT HACK, Blue Hill Weds Aug 28
- Fwd: [mainevfp] Mourning the Victims of Gun Violence – Augusta – Saturday, August 10th, 7:00 p.m.
- Peninsula Peace & Justice film Friday July 26
- Fwd: Congresswoman Chellie Pingree on Palestine, the NDAA and the Pentagon Audit
- July 27 Concert for Ramallah Friends School, Belfast
- Peninsula Peace & Justice Notes
- Fwd: Crimea talk on Deer Isle, Thursday July 11
- Climate Convergence Conference, registration open
- Reggie Harris Concert June 20, Blue Hill
- ‘Fund Climate Solutions, Not Endless War’: 22 Arrested Demanding US Build Windmills, Not Warships
- Rockweed presentation, June 25, RFS
- Fwd: [mainevfp] A Call to Put Down Arms
- The Ongoing Palestinian Nakba, Friday June 21, blue Hill
- Fwd: BIW should help fight climate change