I just found out about these two online meetings:
——— The virtual health care town hall flier: drive.google.com/file/d/1gGfn9U6_Fx98fApq8BoQG2vCGAzChFXW/view
This Wednesday, July 29, 7:30 – 8:30 pm. Please come, invite others, and spread the word!
Join the livestream on the Maine PPC’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pg/maineppc/events/
This event will focus on how the pandemic is exposing the failures of our current health insurance system and is being organized in connection with the Maine Poor People’s Campaign, which advocates for universal health care as well as many other social justice needs. Valerie Dornan email@example.com —————————-
and this one:
—————————- Topic: Improved Medicare for All: Universal Single-Payer Health Care webinar
Time: Jul 31, 2020 05:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Description: Series description: Independent Green candidate for U.S. Senate Lisa Savage is convening a series of policy-focused webinars this summer, “The Way Forward,” that bring together policy and subject-matter experts from Maine and around the country to have substantive discussions about solving some of our country’s most difficult policy issues, with opportunity for questions and discussion.
Part 3: Join former Green congressional candidate and universal healthcare advocate Dr. Margaret Flowers, Maine AllCare’s Dr. Bill Clark, and recovery and harm reduction advocate Glenn Simpson, in the 3rd of our “The Way Forward” series of webinars, moderated by Lisa Savage, candidate for U.S. Senate. “Improved Medicare for All: Universal Single-Payer Health Care,” will explore the failing “health insurance system” and the growing demand for a health care system that puts people over profit.
Registration: us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/5015958757513/WN_KPQgyXo1Tv65WazmLLaqtw —————————-
_______________________________________________ HCCN mailing list HCCN@mainetalk.org mainetalk.org/mailman/listinfo/hccn_mainetalk.org
- Fwd: Democracy Forum: Listen Friday, October 16
- Fwd: [mainevfp] JOIN A MAINE VIGIL FOR RBG
- Voter registration drive for 9/22
- Fwd: Duck your heads in Brunswick!
- Good opportunity to learn about gene edited foods: Sept 9
- Where lies the hope? As it always has — with the people
- From the committee to stop the CMP Corridor — stop an end run around COVID
- Two healthcare events: virtual town hall tonight, MaineAllCare webinar Friday
- Stokely Carmichael
- Hancock County News Blog
- Hidden here at home, though maybe not anymore
- Community Response to Bigotry
- Town Hall on NECEC last night
- Great letter in the BDN about the CMP Corridor’s serious fire risk
- Fwd: LWV-Downeast Screening the Movie: Winner Take All